Coxe Hall Addition
Architect Hobart Upjohn designed this large addition to Coxe Hall that would have extended the south side of the building into the space now occupied by Gulick Hall. The drawing is undated, however we know that a much smaller addition was added on the north side of Coxe Hall in 1926-27. It is therefore possible that this was an alternative design that was not chosen. The architect for the Coxe Hall addition was Mr. Hill.
In 1929 the college embarked on a capital campaign to raise funds for new buildings and the endowment. Hobart Upjohn was chosen to draft a plan for the future development of the Hobart campus and the William Smith campus. He presented his plans to the Board of Trustees along with drawings of various buildings, perhaps including this design for Coxe Hall.